Our Virtual Legal Officers are key to our cost-effective model
VLOs are uniquely positioned to help founders with their legal tasks, saving time and money in sourcing, managing, and orchestrating legal works. Discover the benefits of a VLO below.
- Find the right jurisdiction for registering a company.
- Find the right legal expert(s) to complete the registration process.
- Manage ongoing relationships with the lawyers doing the work.
- ❌Founders may need to do independent research.
- ❌Founders may need to talk to multiple lawyers from different jurisdictions and choose the right one.
- ❌Founders may need to manage the process themselves, prepare all the data for documents and track deadlines.
- from $3,000
- ✅The VLO helps the founder choose the best jurisdiction to register their company.
- ✅The VLO chooses locally-based legal experts to provide legal services.
- ✅The VLO orchestrates all work and manages relationships with the legal service providers.
- from $1,000
- Find the right jurisdictions to register their IP assets.
- Find local patent attorneys for advice and assistance on filing IP applications.
- Make sure all patents and trademarks are registered as quickly as possible.
- ❌Founders need to independently research different IP protection options, including across different jurisdictions.
- ❌Founders need to source different IP attorneys and provide relevant information for applications.
- ❌Founders need to actively manage the application process and chase patent attorneys for updates.
- from $4,000
- ✅The VLO helps the founder choose the best jurisdictions to protect their IP.
- ✅The VLO chooses the best lawyers to carry out the applications.
- ✅The VLO orchestrates all the work, communicates with IP attorneys and provides updates on patent applications.
- from $1,500
- Find a legal regulation / tax-friendly jurisdiction.
- Find the right legal / tax experts.
- Get legal / tax matters resolved as quickly as possible.
- ❌Founders need to do independent research on different jurisdiction options.
- ❌Founders need to research multiple lawyers from different jurisdictions and choose the right one.
- ❌Founders need to manage ongoing work themselves, including the work of multiple service providers.
- from $5,000
- ✅The VLO helps the founder choose the best jurisdiction for the legal / tax works.
- ✅The VLO chooses locally-based legal / tax experts to provide legal services.
- ✅The VLO orchestrates all work and manages the relationships with the different service providers.
- from $2,000
- Find the right documents for their business case.
- Find the right legal expert based in the most suitable jurisdiction to prepare the documents.
- Have documents drawn up and ready for use as quickly as possible.
- ❌Founders need to do independent research on which documents are suitable for their business needs.
- ❌Founders need to talk to lawyers from different jurisdictions to figure out which lawyers and documents to use.
- ❌Founders need to manage ongoing work themselves, including tracking the progress of their documents.
- from $4,000
- ✅The VLO helps the founder choose the best documents and jurisdictions for their business case.
- ✅The VLO chooses locally-based legal experts to prepare the legal documents.
- ✅The VLO orchestrates all work, manages relationships with the lawyers, and updates the founder on the progress of the documents.
- from $2,000
- • Your VLO will source, hire, and manage a diverse legal team.
- • Your VLO with orchestrate all your different legal tasks and keep you updated and in control.
- • Monthly plans for VLOs start from $500. This includes 5 hours of VLO support per month which is dedicated to your legal project.
- from $ 500
Our Professional Service Providers price their works on a task-by-task basis
- Internationally spread local service providers offer bespoke pricing for every client and every task.
- The Legal Nodes network includes specialists in tax, accounting, law, and data protection.
- Costs and time estimates are provided up-front on a task-by-task basis.
From GDPR and privacy to cookies and data protection, our specialists help busy founders of startups, tech companies, and Web3 projects get all their data protection matters sorted in one place.
- Data Protection Officer
- UK Representative
Legal services are provided by qualified lawyers who have expertise in the jurisdiction and area of law of your legal project. These lawyers are managed by your Virtual Legal Officer, which is a service provided by Legal Nodes.
We provide VLO services using a monthly plan, starting from $500 per month. This includes 5 hours of VLO time, which is the minimum time needed for a VLO to orchestrate your legal tasks and legal team. For more information on this, please contact us.
Service providers including lawyers, tax specialists, data protection officers, and accountants who provide the services will define the prices for each service. These prices are communicated to you via your Virtual Legal Officer. Prices vary according to both the jurisdiction that the specialist operates within, and the area of expertise you are paying for.
The service providers that are working on your tasks, including lawyers providing legal services and other service providers such as data protection officers, tax specialists, and accountants, bear the responsibility for the provision of the services. You, as a client, sign Engagement letters directly with them. Legal Nodes doesn’t engage in any Client–Lawyer relationships with you. Legal Nodes facilitates these legal services with help from a Virtual Legal Officer working on the Legal Nodes platform and will work with you to ensure that you are satisfied with the services you receive. Legal Nodes is not a lawyer and does not act as a lawyer in facilitating these legal services.
Platform software and access to the network of legal partners is included on the price you pay for VLO services. Consequently there are no additional sign up fees for using our platform.
No, the Virtual Legal Officer doesn’t provide legal services. Your Virtual Legal Officer's role is to organise the process of the provision of legal services by lawyers in your virtual legal department.
Yes. Virtual Legal Officers are essential to our business model, and help provide cost-effective legal solutions. Our Virtual Legal Officers undertake work only when they need to, to help manage the lawyers who are executing your tasks. Our VLOs are also trained to use out platform to facilitate a seamless experience for our service users.
Virtual Legal Officers orchestrate everything. Their role includes several key functions:
- help you clarify your business needs
- help you choose the most appropriate legal solution for your business case
- help you map these solutions into Legal Projects within your Legal Board
- create tasks within a Legal Project
- assemble relevant experts to serve in your virtual legal department and assign tasks to them
- confirm prices and estimates for the work
- structure all of the information about prices and timelines in the Legal Project
The VLO Starter plan includes 5 hours per month for 3 months as this is usually the minimum amount of time that is needed for the VLO to source and manage the service providers and your tasks.